One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- see pot-bellied pig
- ‘I don't want to live in a world like this, and that is the reason I intend purchasing a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig.’
- ‘The poorly pig, a five-year-old cross between a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig and a miniature pig, will not get up off the floor of his sty.’
- ‘There is even a children's adventure playground, a small zoo including caged monkeys, Vietnamese pot-bellied pigs and an adjacent ostrich farm.’
- ‘When you share a table with someone who makes the manners of a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig look like Princess Grace on a formal day, it's difficult to know how to respond.’
- ‘Then there was the lady who, while talking on the telephone, told me she had a pet Vietnamese pot-bellied pig.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.