One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of a Communist-dominated nationalist movement, formed in 1941, that fought for Vietnamese independence from French rule. Members of the Vietminh later joined with the Vietcong.
- ‘By 1947 they controlled the main cities and roads, but the countryside answered to the Vietminh.’
- ‘The problem was not with French airpower but with the French strategy for defeating the Vietminh.’
- ‘As a member of the Vietminh he led an anti-French demonstration there in 1949 and in 1950 was imprisoned for criticism of US involvement in the area.’
- ‘US support had been crucial for the French war effort against the Vietminh.’
- ‘The communists in Vietnam had formed an effective anti-Japanese resistance movement, the Vietminh, which was strongest in the north, where it had the advantage of a base in China.’
- ‘He was at Dien Bien Phu when the Vietminh defeated the French Army in 1954.’
- ‘In Vietnam the target of containment was Ho Chi Minh and the Vietminh front he had created in 1941.’
- ‘These men were motivated by different factors from those that influenced the volunteers of 1914, or the ideologically charged soldiers of the Vietminh and Vietcong in the 1950s and 1960s.’
- ‘The decisive battle of the war developed in the spring of 1954 as the Vietminh attacked the French fortress of Dien Bien Phu in northern Vietnam.’
- ‘The Vietminh used them effectively against the French in Indochina.’
From Vietnamese Viet -Nam Dôc-Lâp Dông- Minh ‘Vietnamese Independence League’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.