One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The transmission of video signals along telephone wires.
- ‘The ability to zoom the image on a videotelephony display can increase the viewer's ability to see detail, but at the cost of requiring a re-transmission of the newly zoomed image.’
- ‘In Sweden, we are working with several projects based on videotelephony in the field of speech pathology in the general sense.’
- ‘Tim Rubert, vice president of business development, Ridgeway Systems added ‘For 3G service providers, videotelephony is a key differentiator from existing 2.5G services.’’
- ‘Network operators: gain an insight into how videotelephony and related applications will drive the take-up of fully converged network services’
- ‘The videotelephony subsystem enables audio and narrow-band videoconferences for alert duty crews at the C & C facility.’
- ‘Operators should consider launching videotelephony as part of a range of services in an IPTV triple play.’
- ‘Of course a videotelephony-based service should let the users decide whether they want to accept a communication, and whether they want to be observed or not.’
- ‘Systematic comparative studies of videotelephony configurations will examine technical and psychological characteristics of broadband communication.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.