One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pre-recorded video of a film or television programme.
- ‘In other words, a program rating code is not separately recorded but markings attached on a video recording medium by a manufacturer of a videogram are used as a program rating code.’
- ‘These videograms will stream if you are using Windows 95 and up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer 3 and Active Movie or Netscape with an MPEG plug-in.’
- ‘In terms of the visual, the illustrated book edition published by Gallimard in Paris is even more inviting: no sound, only the French text (with a few omissions), but the full stream of videograms.’
- ‘Since 1999 ZPAV has been representing the producers of phonograms and music videograms before enforcement and judicial authorities in cases related to fighting phonographic piracy.’
- ‘The term ‘videogram’ refers to materials used in the medium of video, or the analog electronic technology for recording still or moving images, usually combined with sound.’
- ‘The remuneration for private copying of videograms shall belong in equal parts to the authors within the meaning of this Code, the performers and the producers.’
- ‘My videograms are created with a Philips videocam.’
- ‘Get your hooks here, and with this license you'll have the ability to manufacture, distribute, AND re-license your song to film, TV and videogram productions.’
- ‘The exploitation of videograms by a non-Canadian service agent excludes any other type of exploitation of the production such as theatrical distribution or broadcast on television.’
- ‘This arguably is the highlight of the videogram as it has the most beautiful footage of Olivia swimming with the dolphins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.