Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A pre-recorded video of a film or television programme.
- ‘This arguably is the highlight of the videogram as it has the most beautiful footage of Olivia swimming with the dolphins.’
- ‘The remuneration for private copying of videograms shall belong in equal parts to the authors within the meaning of this Code, the performers and the producers.’
- ‘Get your hooks here, and with this license you'll have the ability to manufacture, distribute, AND re-license your song to film, TV and videogram productions.’
- ‘These videograms will stream if you are using Windows 95 and up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer 3 and Active Movie or Netscape with an MPEG plug-in.’
- ‘In terms of the visual, the illustrated book edition published by Gallimard in Paris is even more inviting: no sound, only the French text (with a few omissions), but the full stream of videograms.’
- ‘Since 1999 ZPAV has been representing the producers of phonograms and music videograms before enforcement and judicial authorities in cases related to fighting phonographic piracy.’
- ‘In other words, a program rating code is not separately recorded but markings attached on a video recording medium by a manufacturer of a videogram are used as a program rating code.’
- ‘My videograms are created with a Philips videocam.’
- ‘The exploitation of videograms by a non-Canadian service agent excludes any other type of exploitation of the production such as theatrical distribution or broadcast on television.’
- ‘The term ‘videogram’ refers to materials used in the medium of video, or the analog electronic technology for recording still or moving images, usually combined with sound.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.