One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for video recorder
- ‘Images may be recorded for playback on a standard VHS video cassette recorder.’
- ‘Solar energy to power a television and a video cassette recorder was switched on at the Luvundu Senior Secondary School near here yesterday.’
- ‘This was the famous Betamax case which established the legality of the first video cassette recorder introduced into the commercial market.’
- ‘In Britain, around 94 per cent of homes now have at least one colour TV and 66 per cent a video cassette recorder.’
- ‘It's like hooking up a video cassette recorder to each system.’
- ‘The thieves also stole a micro-wave oven, a techniques amplifier and and six speakers, a fan and a video cassette recorder.’
- ‘We are facing a very new and a very troubling assault and we are facing it from a thing called the video cassette recorder and its necessary companion called the blank tape.’
- ‘When I was a kid, I used to watch Swiss Family Robinson on an old VHS tape playing on an even older video cassette recorder.’
- ‘Even the Betamax name still has recognition today, almost 20 years after the video cassette recorder was pulled from the market after losing a standards battle with VHS.’
- ‘It is in this time period that the Internet started, that the video cassette recorder was introduced and that the cable industry grew.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.