Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cassette of videotape.
- ‘In other words, you don't record material onto a video cassette, you record material directly into a hard-drive, similar to what's inside your computer.’
- ‘But Sony will also start selling a video cassette that's suited for high-definition digital recordings.’
- ‘Scott shook his head and took the video cassette from me, slipping it into the VCR.’
- ‘A video cassette for use in such a system is also provided.’
- ‘Applicants for the Stand-Up Award need to send in a VHS video cassette of their stand-up routine.’
- ‘He provided a video cassette to the court and insisted that it recorded the parrot's curse.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.