One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device which, when linked to a television set, can be used to record programmes and play videotapes.
- ‘Suddenly this all looked much easier than having to programme the video recorder.’
- ‘Male behavior was recorded for 30 min by using a VHS video recorder on day 2 after spawning.’
- ‘The behavior of the fly pairs was recorded using a video recorder.’
- ‘Germination was immediately recorded with a VHS video recorder using x4 and x10 magnification.’
- ‘If used like an ordinary video recorder, it could record six channels of TV for ten days non-stop.’
- ‘The system consists of three components: a capture unit, a standard video recorder and a replay unit.’
- ‘They also had a security camera linked to a video recorder fitted to the rear of the house, a security light at the front and an alarm.’
- ‘I hold my remote control and - yes - I can programme my video recorder.’
- ‘Two men were caught on CCTV stealing a video recorder from the common room before going upstairs and trying residents' doors.’
- ‘From 1.30 pm on, Mary has three televisions and the video recorder on in the house.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.