Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A series of video recordings made by an individual over a period of time, focusing on their experiences, thoughts, and feelings.
- ‘And the project will be recorded as a video diary.’
- ‘Inside the stadium, Hughes met such luminaries as Dermot Desmond and the BBC's Chick Young, and recorded it all on a video diary.’
- ‘Each girl was asked to record a video diary detailing their determination to lose weight and become fitter.’
- ‘One survivor kept a video diary of his nightmare, seen first on CNN's ‘SITUATION ROOM.’’
- ‘I've decided to record a video diary of my thoughts and feelings on the coming year.’
- ‘Rory Culkin stars as Sam, an amiable kid who's bullied at school by George, an overweight boy whose loneliness manifests itself in a video diary.’
- ‘The scheme, run with help from members of Westhoughton Community Learning Group, will record the progress of the project through a video diary.’
- ‘Videos were released to TV stations giving a video diary of the the kidnapping.’
- ‘Unlike the written diary, composed and read by individual, isolated subjects, other people in addition to the diarist often participate in the production of a video diary.’
- ‘The images of the video diary later inspired ‘Invisible Light.’’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.