One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large video display used as a scoreboard or billboard.‘a jumbo video board with high-definition clarity’
- ‘He looked up at the video board above center court with a somber expression.’
- ‘Some of the evening's most enthusiastic applause came in response to overhead video-board replays of his valiant and athletic effort.’
- ‘A huge high-definition video board in center field shows graphics and replays.’
- ‘He got booed in pregame introductions, booed when his picture was put up on the video board, and booed again when came to bat in the first inning.’
- ‘A picture of a shiny trophy rotated on a video board overhead.’
- ‘He was introduced as "a very special guest" during a timeout and the video board showed highlights of his career.’
- ‘Their views were blocked by a video board in right field.’
- ‘When the goalie was shown on the video board seconds later, the entire crowd rose to their feet and remained standing for the remainder of the game, chanting his name.’
- ‘The new backup quarterback was shown on the giant video board.’
- ‘For this season, new and bigger video boards will be installed at a cost of $10 million.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.