One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I've got it on vid now’short for video
- ‘I've only got the vid, as DVDs are still about £18 or so over here…’
- ‘Some copies come with a right spesh DVD with all the band's promo vids, a bunch of short films and live odds & ends.’
- ‘So maybe you feed on punk-rockin surf vids and only venture to the movies to see monster action films?’
- ‘The vid's very good quality, although the sound and picture do seem to be out of sync with one another - possibly this is a video card problem?’
- ‘A better use of the visual medium would have been to include an interview vid or some such, as a bonus.’
- ‘I thought watching good-byes on the vids was hard.’
- ‘Yeah, here you go, Disney is in that corner, Adult vids are in that dark dingy one.’
- ‘‘We can be sure he was here,’ Stone had said as she was preparing to leave, ‘We might even be able to find him on the vids.’’
- ‘Satellite vid shows high deposits of titanium and gold.’
- ‘Have you seen the picture of Eddie Izzard on the cover of the new vid?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.