One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A few minutes later, the stewardess stood up victoriously and exclaimed ‘Found it!’’
- ‘With a handful of brave followers, trickery and courageous leadership, she fought one of the largest armies in the Queen's empire and triumphed victoriously.’
- ‘By the power of the cross, Constantine the Great defeated the tyrant and entered Rome victoriously.’
- ‘He skidded to a stop within 10 feet of us and turned back toward his colleagues with his arms raised victoriously above his head.’
- ‘‘This organization is a sub-branch and you will have to get the chop of the Mother Organization,’ she victoriously blasted.’
- ‘I blew his doors off, ringing my Buzz Lightyear bell victoriously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.