One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A few minutes later, the stewardess stood up victoriously and exclaimed ‘Found it!’’
- ‘I blew his doors off, ringing my Buzz Lightyear bell victoriously.’
- ‘By the power of the cross, Constantine the Great defeated the tyrant and entered Rome victoriously.’
- ‘‘This organization is a sub-branch and you will have to get the chop of the Mother Organization,’ she victoriously blasted.’
- ‘He skidded to a stop within 10 feet of us and turned back toward his colleagues with his arms raised victoriously above his head.’
- ‘With a handful of brave followers, trickery and courageous leadership, she fought one of the largest armies in the Queen's empire and triumphed victoriously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.