One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The provision of advice and counselling to victims of crime.as modifier ‘a victim support scheme’
- ‘‘Such pressure could come from parents, boyfriends, policemen, prosecutors, rape crisis centres and victim support counsellors,’ he said.’
- ‘Plans to raise cash for victim support schemes by adding a surcharge to fines for fixed-penalty offences have sparked outrage.’
- ‘Victims will now report crimes at community centres, victim support offices and area housing offices for centre staff to record details.’
- ‘Doctors hope that the conference will lead to better partnerships between the police, the CPS, courts, health services and victim support agencies.’
- ‘The multi-agency body is made up of representatives of the police, probation service, council, victim support, housing associations, disabled groups and others.’
- ‘Humberside Fire Brigade's emergency service offers victim support for those suffering the traumatic aftermath of a fire.’
- ‘Plans for a £5 surcharge on speeding tickets to fund victim support services came under fire last night.’
- ‘They are also available for use by groups such as victim support, citizen's advice, Keighley College, Bradford social services and others.’
- ‘Services will include victim support and citizens advice, and it will offer links with statutory bodies such as Bradford Council, the fire service, the health authority and the youth service.’
- ‘Dozens of employees from the police, CPS, witness service and victim support moved into Athena House, in Kettlestring Lane, in March.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.