Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A group of criminals involved in organizing illegal prostitution.
- ‘However the brave girl was the only victim willing to give evidence in court against the vice ring.’
- ‘The debate follows a series of raids across Yorkshire in April in which police cracked a vice ring which forced female immigrants to work as prostitutes in a chain of massage parlours.’
- ‘According to the news report then, the girls were suspected to have been abducted by a Hong Kong vice ring to be sold to a Bombay-based syndicate.’
- ‘The former French international has been charged with running a vice ring involving underage Bulgarian girls.’
- ‘However, sources confirmed the arrest, saying that disclosing the arrest might open a new theory in the Bali bombing, possibly involving rivals in a vice ring.’
- ‘The strip-bar owner has been regularly featured in the tabloid newspapers in connection with vice rings operating from his premises.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.