One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of criminals involved in organizing illegal prostitution.
- ‘However the brave girl was the only victim willing to give evidence in court against the vice ring.’
- ‘According to the news report then, the girls were suspected to have been abducted by a Hong Kong vice ring to be sold to a Bombay-based syndicate.’
- ‘The former French international has been charged with running a vice ring involving underage Bulgarian girls.’
- ‘The strip-bar owner has been regularly featured in the tabloid newspapers in connection with vice rings operating from his premises.’
- ‘However, sources confirmed the arrest, saying that disclosing the arrest might open a new theory in the Bali bombing, possibly involving rivals in a vice ring.’
- ‘The debate follows a series of raids across Yorkshire in April in which police cracked a vice ring which forced female immigrants to work as prostitutes in a chain of massage parlours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.