Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An official or executive ranking below and deputizing for a president.‘the vice president of the World Bank’→ vice
- ‘They may vote for the president, the vice president and senators, or even stand for election.’
- ‘Usually the only two elected members of the Executive are the president and the vice-president.’
- ‘Lula has chosen as his vice president a rich businessman belonging to a neo-liberal party.’
- ‘The RCPE is administrated by a president, two vice presidents and a 20-member Council who are chosen on nomination.’
- ‘Once elected, the parliament will then elect a president and two vice presidents.’
- ‘The Presidential Records Act of 1978 governs the official records of presidents and vice presidents created or received after January 1981.’
- ‘The president will name two vice-presidents who come from different ethnic groups and political parties.’
- ‘I see now that the voice of a company is not limited to top level executives, vice presidents, and public relations officers.’
- ‘The Assembly will now choose a president and two vice presidents, who in turn pick a prime minister and cabinet.’
- ‘Bank resources are managed by an executive president, assisted by three vice presidents and 500 professional staff.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.