One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural vice presidencies
See vice president
- ‘Three new national vice presidencies were simply added to make room for factional leaders who faced being squeezed out of the party's governing body.’
- ‘Already a string of former generals and right-wing politicians are lining up for the vice presidency.’
- ‘Another section includes a useful analysis of the vice-presidency and the changes and continuities it has exhibited.’
- ‘She retains the vice presidency and would take over the presidency if Estrada were to resign or be forced out of office.’
- ‘This in turn served as a stepping stone to the vice-presidency in 1900.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.