One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or serving as a vicar.
ecclesiastical, church, priestly, pastoral, religious, spiritual, prelatic, apostolic, canonical, parsonicalView synonyms
- ‘In 1757 by the Enclosure Act for Wymeswold the vicar was awarded much more land in lieu of the vicarial tithes which were commuted into land.’
- ‘It is the seat of vicarial house with a chapel dedicated to the Visitazione di Maria Vergine and it depend on the parish church of Traverses.’
- ‘This vicarial presence is destroying the organizing principle upon which our society has, until now, been constructed.’
- ‘During the open and trustful dialogue the parties reviewed the theological, canonical and vicarial aspects of the above-mentioned problem.’
- ‘A vicar usually continued to have the spiritual care of the parish and to receive the vicarial tithes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.