One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the perception of vibration through touch.
- ‘A study of long-term effects in individuals who experienced acute toxicity with organophosphorus insecticides indicated dose-dependent decreases in sustained visual attention and vibrotactile sensitivity.’
- ‘J.W. was informed that a visual distractor would be presented at the same time as each vibrotactile target, but that it was completely irrelevant to the tactile task.’
- ‘The firm investigated capacity limitations of the haptic system using a task that required participants to indicate if they perceived a vibrotactile stimulus in one of three locations.’
- ‘The second stage was defined as intermittent or persistent numbness, as well as reduced sensory perception confirmed by subjective tests for tactile, esthesiometric, and vibrotactile perception.’
- ‘Vibrotactile stimuli activate the auditory cortices in the congenitally deaf, suggesting that the cortical areas that normally subserve hearing may process vibrotactile information in those whose auditory abilities are lacking.’
- ‘This result is surprising, given that his left hand never received any vibrotactile targets.’
- ‘Two conduction vibrators, with vibrating surfaces of 16 mm by 24 mm, were attached to each cube, and used to present vibrotactile targets directly under the thumb or index finger of the right hand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.