One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the diseases, injuries, and treatment of farm and domestic animals.‘a veterinary nurse’
- ‘Would you advocate for or against veterinary intervention when the cat gets worms and if the cat gets injured?’
- ‘A condition of entry is that the beef must meet all EU veterinary and hygiene standards.’
- ‘The Swiss-born doctor has been in the forefront of the battle to control veterinary diseases.’
- ‘Officials from my Department carry out ongoing veterinary inspections at fur farms.’
- ‘She has now successfully undergone a second operation by the same veterinary and medical team, to replace the cataract in her other eye.’
- ‘Carol, a student in veterinary medicine, was equally absorbed in her studies.’
- ‘The scientists claimed they were pressured to approve veterinary drugs they felt were unsafe.’
- ‘If you want to find out about the 1967 outbreak, you will have to turn to veterinary or agricultural sources.’
- ‘Many years ago my love for animals steered me toward a career in veterinary medicine.’
- ‘The Forum discussed the possibility of organising veterinary inspections at the farm prior to departure.’
- ‘A farmhand (a Mr Rawlins) with some veterinary knowledge was asked to come and take the blood.’
- ‘Based on veterinary records, researchers can then see where the disease is spreading and how fast.’
- ‘And in these advantages our domestic animals have had due share by the improvement of veterinary medicine.’
- ‘All veterinary and technical aspects are now in place for this market.’
- ‘UK poisons centres are consulted about an average of 100 human and a dozen veterinary cases each year.’
- ‘Immersed in medical matters, we forget too easily not only the veterinary but also the wider potential of radiology.’
- ‘A 23 year old veterinary nurse presented with a three month history of abdominal pain and diarrhoea.’
- ‘It's the veterinary costs that most people worry about though.’
- ‘She is set to emigrate to Australia with veterinary nurse Heather Steadham.’
- ‘You want to make sure your pet is as healthy as can be and part of dog ownership is to provide your dog with excellent veterinary care.’
A veterinary surgeon.
animal doctor, veterinary surgeon, vs, horse doctorView synonyms
- ‘In this year's no 22 of the Swedish magazine Ridsport, two Norwegian veterinaries reported on a test they had performed themselves.’
Late 18th century: from Latin veterinarius, from veterinae ‘cattle’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.