One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person qualified to treat diseased or injured animals; a veterinary surgeon.
- ‘They are physicians, nurses, veterinarians, research scientists and others.’
- ‘After acquiring a new bird, schedule a physical exam with an avian veterinarian.’
- ‘A visit from a veterinarian or veterinary technician will serve to extend the play in that setting.’
- ‘This procedure is done by your veterinarian and is pretty much the same thing as the scaling you get at the dentist.’
- ‘Next time you visit your veterinarian, ask about new advances that might help your dog live better.’
- ‘Never give your companion animals medication unless you are directed to do so by a veterinarian.’
- ‘When pets recover quickly, they get to go home faster, making owners and veterinarians happy.’
- ‘For instance, the Act requires that fees paid by veterinarians to the Veterinary Council be established by regulations.’
- ‘For example, many veterinarians now treat diabetes in cats with a meat-based canned diet.’
- ‘Become familiar with the veterinarians in your area and make sure you know who to call when your pet needs care.’
- ‘Your veterinarian can help provide an accurate diagnosis of your animal's condition.’
- ‘For this reason veterinarians usually do not recommend the vaccine for cats who are not at risk.’
- ‘You can learn the proper way to clip your dog's nails from a standard pet care book, or your veterinarian.’
- ‘It is best to consult with a veterinarian when setting up a deworming program.’
- ‘A medical exam performed by an avian veterinarian will reveal if an illness is present.’
- ‘Move your dog to a cooler environment, immerse him in cool water and contact your veterinarian.’
- ‘If you don't know how or prefer not to trim your own bird, many pet shops and veterinarians offer this service.’
- ‘It would place veterinarians on alert and hire more guards at laboratories researching food pathogens.’
- ‘It is available as a caplet and chewable tablet and is given to dogs by mouth, or by injection administered by veterinarians.’
- ‘The dog was taken to a veterinarian, who discovered a National Dog Registry tattoo on its hind leg.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.