One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a vestibule, particularly that of the inner ear, or more generally to the sense of balance.‘disorders of vestibular function’
- ‘In patients with decompression sickness, the vestibular system, spinal cord and brain are affected by the formation of nitrogen bubbles.’
- ‘The other position sense is the vestibular sense, which tells us about balance, about where we are in relation to gravity, and about acceleration or deceleration.’
- ‘Certainly, when positive, vestibular function testing provides objective documentation of a patient's reported symptoms.’
- ‘Nausea usually arises from one of three sources: the abdomen, the brain, and the vestibular apparatus.’
- ‘The vestibular system of the inner ear influences our posture, our movements and the position of our body in space.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.