One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Italian make of motor scooter.
- ‘Stephen says his production will not be all Vespas and cappuccinos.’
- ‘I could never be as Italian as those teenagers on their Vespas whom I saw each summer, whose identity was so ingrained they didn't even know it was there.’
- ‘They add that nothing beats the Vespa's rounded curves, chrome and Italian designed flair.’
- ‘This is where I first rode my Vespa, pretending I was in a film.’
- ‘Bright and spacious, the walls are filled with coffee paraphernalia and cult comic books, shiny model Vespas and even shinier real ones.’
1950s: Italian, literally ‘wasp’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.