One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Flow of urine from the bladder back into the ureters, arising from defective valves and causing a high risk of kidney infection.
- ‘They showed vesicoureteric reflux in 19 of 86 study children and 2 of 19 control children.’
- ‘Bright echoes, representing microbubbles can now be seen in the renal pelvis, indicating vesicoureteric reflux.’
- ‘It is unclear whether the identification and treatment of children with vesicoureteric reflux has any clinically important benefit’
- ‘In Switzerland vesicoureteric reflux is now detected earlier than in the past.’
- ‘Although the long-term use of antibiotics in children with vesicoureteric reflux seems innocuous, the cost, inconvenience, possible side-effects and parental concerns may prompt discontinuation or surgical intervention.’
1960s: vesicoureteric from Latin vesica ‘bladder’ + ureteric (see ureter).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.