Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or affecting the urinary bladder.‘vesical function’‘the vesical artery’
- ‘It may also give rise to a superior vesical artery.’
- ‘We also tested the secondary null hypothesis that differences in vesical neck mobility would be independent of parity and continence status.’
- ‘Six patients had biopsies of the vesical / urethral lesions.’
- ‘Note the vesical plexus of veins surrounding the bladder.’
- ‘The opening vesical pressure at pressure/flow study was compared between the three groups.’
Late 18th century: from Latin vesica bladder + -al.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.