One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pointed oval figure used as an architectural feature and as an aureole enclosing figures such as Jesus Christ or the Virgin Mary in medieval art.Also called mandorla
- ‘The Vesica Piscis represents the summer and winter solstices of this cycle.’
- ‘The first spot you will reach at the bottom of the garden is this vesica piscis shaped pool that has Chalice Well water flowing in to it through a series of flow forms.’
- ‘It was through the use of the vesica piscis that the artists and architects of the past, in both the East and West, were able to construct accurate geometric forms.’
- ‘Nowadays, it has come to refer exclusively to a certain more complicated shape formed of three vesicae piscis, sometimes with an added circle in or around it.’
- ‘Here the central figure is unusually surrounded by the ovoid shape of the vesica piscis.’
Latin, literally ‘fish's bladder’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.