One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tasting in order of year of several different vintages of a particular wine.‘a vertical tasting of vintages from 2003 to 2012 inclusive’
- ‘A vertical tasting is a selection or ‘flight’ of wines from different vintages or years, this is often, but not necessarily, from successive years.’
- ‘Wine will be served with each course including a vertical tasting of VS Cabernet 1978, 1988 and 1999.’
- ‘The vertical tasting will include wines with labels by Picasso, Motherwell, and Warhol.’
- ‘Higgins held a special all-Chimay event, with a vertical tasting of the Trappist ales in 750 ml bottles.’
- ‘Recently, in their winery I was privileged to participate in a vertical tasting of its great vintages going back to 1961.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.