One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The tail fin of an aircraft.
- ‘Grab the top of the vertical stabilizer and rock the airplane back and forth while you watch the tailwheel.’
- ‘The rudder, connected to the vertical stabilizer, then starts to deflect air much like a wing, only the resulting force is to the side.’
- ‘The failed patch had caused the rudder to bind against the trailing edge of the vertical stabilizer - a great catch by the FEs.’
- ‘As he investigated the ships, he was approached by a ‘silver twin-engine monoplane carrying two vertical stabilizers.’’
- ‘This could be done only after the vertical stabilizer and the upper portion of the rudder had been located onto the aft fuselage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.