One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The tail fin of an aircraft.
- ‘As he investigated the ships, he was approached by a ‘silver twin-engine monoplane carrying two vertical stabilizers.’’
- ‘Grab the top of the vertical stabilizer and rock the airplane back and forth while you watch the tailwheel.’
- ‘The failed patch had caused the rudder to bind against the trailing edge of the vertical stabilizer - a great catch by the FEs.’
- ‘This could be done only after the vertical stabilizer and the upper portion of the rudder had been located onto the aft fuselage.’
- ‘The rudder, connected to the vertical stabilizer, then starts to deflect air much like a wing, only the resulting force is to the side.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.