One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A market comprising all the potential purchasers in a particular occupation or industry.
- ‘In corporate and vertical markets Microsoft has the potential advantage of installed base.’
- ‘Some, like Finland's TietoEnator, are focusing on certain vertical markets while gingerly expanding their global presence.’
- ‘A lot of the vertical markets do not yet have the ability to completely automate a transaction.’
- ‘What industries or vertical markets have you worked with?’
- ‘You might not see those skills in your vertical market.’
- ‘‘The totality of a relationship goes beyond who knows who,’ says Rick Klau, vice president of vertical markets at Interface.’
- ‘To enter a new vertical market, he says, would take him a year, ‘and the charge is not going to be a few thousand, but 10 times more.’’
- ‘The company continues to serve two distinct markets: multinationals and defined vertical markets within North America.’
- ‘Of course, small to medium businesses and companies in other vertical markets will also be on the Intrinsic radar screen.’
- ‘They invariably talk about a particular vertical market that has X billions of dollars in sales each year.’
- ‘The company is seeking out VARs and integrators active in the health care, financial and retail vertical markets.’
- ‘In 1998, I was based in Manhattan, organizing Xerox around vertical markets, when the company reorganized.’
- ‘Acquisition of SeeBeyond signals a growing presence by Sun in vertical markets and small and medium businesses (SMBs).’
- ‘By separating into vertical markets, choices would be simpler for users and they would require fewer costly studies and evaluations.’
- ‘We will have significant strength in customer support, outsourcing, system and network integration, and vertical markets.’
- ‘Most of these are in defence, industrial vertical markets such as telcoms and automation, and healthcare.’
- ‘The group's first challenge was to identify the most promising e-commerce opportunities from among Honeywell's many vertical markets.’
- ‘Today, the Tablet is stuck mostly in such vertical markets as insurance and health care.’
- ‘Which vertical markets seem to have the most security professionals and how is that changing, if at all?’
- ‘It's an important job: developing partnerships with software vendors in key vertical markets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.