One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The combination in one firm of two or more stages of production normally operated by separate firms.
- ‘The bill will look at horizontal and vertical integration of business.’
- ‘Less expensive technology makes vertical coordination better than vertical integration, Sonka said.’
- ‘AT&T fought these efforts and made enormous concessions to the government to retain its vertical integration - until 1995.’
- ‘The direction of vertical integration, that is, forwards or backwards, depends on where the business is positioned in the supply chain.’
- ‘But however Acer evolves, Shih vows he won't return to vertical integration.’
- ‘Finally, size of firm, vertical integration, diversification, and form of organization were found to be important direct influences.’
- ‘And Cendant's vertical integration of brokerage, settlement, and other services helps attract franchisees.’
- ‘These problems led them toward increasing vertical integration.’
- ‘Through vertical integration the same stars are marketed to the public through music, films, television, and advertisements.’
- ‘There was an apparent lack of clear theoretical linkages between vertical integration and market power in the model tested here.’
- ‘They have total vertical integration and all of the costs savings that go with that in addition to economies of scale.’
- ‘Tyson says it's not aiming for the same kind of vertical integration in beef that it has in chicken.’
- ‘The idea that vertical integration increases monopoly power is highly suspect.’
- ‘What have you learned from that experience of almost total vertical integration?’
- ‘In this setting, coordination is achieved via vertical integration.’
- ‘A vertical agreement is to some extent a substitute for vertical integration.’
- ‘Although Black Swan was itself vertically integrated, vertical integration had drawbacks.’
- ‘We could find no evidence that cost accounting was used to make decisions about the vertical integration of firms.’
- ‘Market share and vertical integration were seen as potential indicators of market power.’
- ‘But vertical integration presents new business and competitive issues which today seem increasingly likely to require some future form of regulation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.