One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘El Greco was like a writer, sometimes a poet and sometimes a versifier, who had little command of syntax.’
- ‘In addition to the poet, there is another type of versifier, the bard, who lacked the professional training of the fili.’
- ‘At Oxford, Carroll made a name for himself as a freelance humorist, parodist, and versifier.’
- ‘But in the old days, popular poets and versifiers knew their high culture: they mocked and they borrowed.’
- ‘He was a stained-glass designer, amateur architect, and occasional versifier (author of ‘I never saw a purple cow’).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.