Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for free verse
- ‘So their work was an important stage in the move toward vers libre in Italy.’
- ‘Second, oddly enough, this argument doesn't prove that traditional, formal verse is better than vers libre.’
- ‘Could one do a long Imagiste poem, or even a long poem in vers libre?’
- ‘Sometimes Mr Blair comes dangerously close to vers libre.’
French, literally free verse.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.