One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In X. klinostoma the outer lining of periderm and occlusion of autothecae are made of the verrucose fabric.’
- ‘After a month they became verrucose and some areas quickly acquired a marbled aspect with grayish coloration.’
- ‘The surface of smooth hairs appears even and often shiny, that of verrucose hairs slightly irregular and a little dull due to impeded translucence.’
- ‘Despite this variation, the verrucose petiole character is adequate to separate P. brevispathum from P. muricatum.’
- ‘On the veins, the hairs are more robust and longer, with verrucose surfaces; the base of some is swollen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.