One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Infested with vermin.
overrun, swarming, teeming, crawling, bristling, alive, ridden, infiltrated, permeatedView synonyms
- ‘Though tattered and vermined, they are to be victorious in a series of bloody battles.’
- ‘Filthy vermined clothing was put into the oven where the food was cooked.’
- ‘Determined, in the shock and strain the vermined troops push on.’
- ‘The poorhouses were built, and were soon stocked with vermined rags, and broken hearts.’
- ‘They will be found filthy, and some even vermined, and must have time given them, and be taught to take care of themselves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.