One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Resembling or having the form of a worm.‘the larva escapes from the vermiform parent’‘phoronids are vermiform’
- ‘While burrowing, caecilians employ concertina locomotion, lateral undulation, and vermiform locomotion.’
- ‘We have presented two models for the origin of the body wall musculature in vermiform bilaterians.’
- ‘This mode of establishing the mesodermal musculature likely has occurred in small vermiform organisms.’
- ‘The Harpactacoida are primarily benthic evident by their vermiform (worm-shaped) bodies.’
- ‘Another phylum, the Pogonophora, are also vermiform animals with a trochophore larva.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.