One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The cultivation of earthworms, especially in order to use them to convert organic waste into fertilizer.
- ‘Sewage and water treatment plants, biogas units and vermiculture pits ensure that even waste is used to enrich the environment rather than destroy it.’
- ‘‘To visit such a large scale vermiculture operation gives the students exposure to positive actions that can benefit farming practices and our soils,’ he said.’
- ‘Sericulture and vermiculture aspects were part of the display.’
- ‘Although vermiculture and vermicomposting offer potential new markets for farmers, they take time to develop and require a strong commitment, experts say.’
- ‘This site provides lots of free how-to advice on vermiculture and links to many other gardening resources.’
- ‘The entire organic waste generated within the park will be composted through vermiculture and reused as manure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.