Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The cultivation of earthworms, especially in order to use them to convert organic waste into fertilizer.
- ‘The entire organic waste generated within the park will be composted through vermiculture and reused as manure.’
- ‘‘To visit such a large scale vermiculture operation gives the students exposure to positive actions that can benefit farming practices and our soils,’ he said.’
- ‘This site provides lots of free how-to advice on vermiculture and links to many other gardening resources.’
- ‘Although vermiculture and vermicomposting offer potential new markets for farmers, they take time to develop and require a strong commitment, experts say.’
- ‘Sewage and water treatment plants, biogas units and vermiculture pits ensure that even waste is used to enrich the environment rather than destroy it.’
- ‘Sericulture and vermiculture aspects were part of the display.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.