One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Pasta in the form of long slender threads.
- ‘Steep the rice vermicelli noodles in boiling hot water for five minutes, remove, strain and set aside.’
- ‘Gently break the vermicelli into smaller pieces.’
- ‘Place approximately 1/4 cup of vermicelli over the pork and shrimp.’
- ‘Broader and thicker than the skinny rice vermicelli, it plays a starring role in the ever-popular Pad Thai noodles with egg, prawn and chilli.’
- ‘Rice vermicelli noodles add extra interest, and handfuls of herbs make up the necessary greenery.’
- ‘Chaariya are short thin noodles, similar to vermicelli.’
- ‘Also be sure to parch your vermicelli noodles until they are a rich golden brown colour.’
- ‘Islands of tender beef brisket float among rice vermicelli in a delicate lemongrass broth flavored with scallion, cilantro and onion.’
- ‘Add your soy sauce until the vermicelli and chicken take on a golden chestnut colour.’
- ‘You have to take plenty of money if you plan to order the braised lobster with vermicelli which costs 968 yuan per pot.’
- ‘Put the vermicelli into warm water and soften it.’
- ‘Cook the vermicelli according to package instructions.’
- ‘He dropped them into a cast-iron skillet with olive oil and garlic, doused them with sherry and butter, and gussied them up with vermicelli.’
- ‘Place bean thread or rice vermicelli noodles in a pot, cover with hot water and allow to stand until tender.’
- ‘But it wasn't some slim vermicelli that created his ultimate comeback, but a retake on a terror tale about killer rats.’
- ‘The puff-and-serve chapattis, high-protein biscuits and vermicelli kheer are doing well at the retail market place, thank you.’
- ‘As I enjoy my vermicelli under the watchful eyes of smiling Buddha, I notice that Wan Ker-sin is swallowing, instead of chewing his food.’
- ‘There's also fried rice, vermicelli and meal-in-a-bowl soups that can be had with veggies, beef or chicken.’
- ‘Greek cooks sometimes add rice or broken vermicelli noodles to the stock to make it more substantial.’
- ‘Onam is the season for banana chips, pappadams and vermicelli.’
2British Shreds of chocolate used to decorate cakes or other sweet foods.
Italian, plural of vermicello, diminutive of verme ‘worm’, from Latin vermis.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.