One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The outer shape of the panoramic stitch makes the verandahed roofline look like the moveable diaphragm of a camera lens.’
- ‘Was there really a market, even in Sri Lanka, for a genuine, galleried, verandahed and slightly dog-eared, colonial hotel?’
- ‘When not flying, the Lancers frequented the game tables in their verandaed ops shack north of Wing.’
- ‘The stallholders plan to utilise the verandahed main street on both sides in the vicinity of the Council building.’
- ‘The street they walk along is open on the left hand side with verandahed shops on the other side.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.