One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
boldness, audacity, temerity, audaciousness, fearlessness, intrepidity, bravery, courage, courageousness, valour, valorousness, heroism, pluckView synonyms
- ‘Contributory negligence is based on carelessness whereas assumption of risk is based on venturousness.’
- ‘My natural disposition was evinced in deeds of daring and venturousness; not so much in boldness toward others.’
- ‘Washington's venturousness and his success—above all his success—shut down those questions about his capabilities that had been whispered behind his back.’
- ‘Confidence makes a man venturous, and venturousness casts him into the high road of danger.’
- ‘His innings are exercises in valour yet absent of unnecessary venturousness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.