One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who undertakes or shares in a trading venture.
daredevil, seeker of adventures, hero, heroine, swashbuckler, knight errant, crusader, traveller, voyager, wandererView synonyms
- ‘The case set up is that all the shareholders, the joint venturers, made the impugned decisions at the outset.’
- ‘"We don't see our competitors as competitors but as collaborators, as joint venturers, " Adelson said.’
- ‘Last weekend a delegation of six local venturers attended the National Venturers Forum in Dublin.’
- ‘Some corporate venturers contend that a strategic focus can reduce risk, thanks simply to a company's knowledge of the business.’
- ‘The people she envied were men, the merchant venturers, the buccaneers of capitalism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.