One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Capital invested in a project in which there is a substantial element of risk, typically a new or expanding business.
- ‘All that is not to say that venture capital is impossible to raise these days.’
- ‘His options, as he saw them, were to seek venture capital or take the company public.’
- ‘He said the company had been in negotiations with four or five venture capital firms before settling on Summit.’
- ‘He said another was the lack of access to venture capital for campus companies spun off from university research.’
- ‘He said the company was approached by two venture capital firms and a private investor after the funding event.’
- ‘Last year representatives of 28 venture capital and business angel groups attended the conference.’
- ‘He said companies should consider whether they could be small and profitable without venture capital.’
- ‘Even when it comes to raising serious venture capital, a past failure is not the black mark it once was.’
- ‘In order to grow further, however, the company must find additional venture capital backing.’
- ‘In May, it became the first Scottish-based business to secure new venture capital funding in euros.’
- ‘The whole corporate culture of spinning out companies has created this vast pool of venture capital.’
- ‘He financed the company with a combination of venture capital and government grants.’
- ‘Now Jacobson is hoping to tap into the huge pool of venture capital available in New York.’
- ‘The tax breaks on venture capital trusts are generous - but the risks of the schemes are high.’
- ‘Later on, if they're ready to go public or go national, they could get venture capital.’
- ‘To be sure, there are no exact replacements for the cash that can come from venture capital firms.’
- ‘The group grew out of political expediency, as a source of venture capital for Whig entrepreneurs.’
- ‘Domek takes pride in having made it to the Web without massive infusions of venture capital.’
- ‘So, what does a successful first-round venture capital funding mission feel like?’
- ‘It has also been suggested to allow mutual funds and pension funds to invest in venture capital funds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.