Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated towards the middle of the ventral side.
- ‘The descending fibers of the spinal tract of the trigeminal nerve can be observed ventromedial to the inferior cerebellar peduncle.’
- ‘Called the ventromedial prefrontal cortex, it lies just a couple of inches behind the right eye.’
- ‘The ventromedial section is linked to personality and social behaviour.’
- ‘Cells in the ventromedial nucleus of the hypothalamus have been shown to selectively express steroidogenic factor - 1.’
- ‘The macular pad forms an island on the ventromedial part of the thin wall.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.