Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated towards the junction of the ventral and lateral sides.
- ‘The recurved ventrolateral margins of P. schrami are not evident in P. pachoecoi.’
- ‘Microinjection of bicuculline in the ventrolateral PAG led to a decrease in the neuronal responses to heat.’
- ‘Rapid corticosteroid effects have also been seen in neurons of the rostral ventrolateral medulla recorded in vivo.’
- ‘The form of the ventrolateral saddle varies between species within these three genera; it may be either acute or narrowly rounded.’
- ‘‘Siculate’ sclerites are situated on the ventrolateral margin on either side of the animal's body.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.