A duct passing through a wall for ventilation.
- ‘Luckily, most people saw that this ‘ventiduct’ was sending in some truly nasty air, and the construction continued.’
- ‘The upward current in these ventiducts will be secured by a gas burner or steam pipe in each of the ventilators.’
- ‘Eighteen ventiducts were discovered around the moistureproof walls established above their rammed earth foundations.’
- ‘The radiating fan drains the air out of the ventiduct space to rapidly remove heat from the lamp.’
- ‘Then the CO 2 concentration in the ventiduct for the two conditions is separately shown in Fig.10.14.’
Early 17th century: from Latin ventus wind + ductus duct.