One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually as modifier A serving of a drink of coffee measuring 20 US fluid ounces.
- ‘Instead of quaffing one giant emergency venti latte, you're better off taking frequent sips of small servings of coffee.’
- ‘You could have had a venti Iced Caffe Latte with skim milk for only 110 calories.’
- ‘So, should you order a venti next time you're at Starbucks?’
- ‘However, a venti, while still called a venti, was only a third of the size Westerners are accustomed to.’
- ‘In New York, a more stressful town, he's now moved to straight-up venti ice coffee.’
1990s: Italian, literally ‘twenty’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.