One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Radiography of a vein after injection of a radiopaque fluid.
- ‘All patients underwent bilateral lower extremity venography after finishing their prophylaxis regimen.’
- ‘Magnetic resonance venography should be considered instead for intrapelvic and proximal thrombi if clinically indicated.’
- ‘In 116 patients undergoing both CT venography and lower extremity ultrasound, Cham and colleagues found concordant results in 93% of cases.’
- ‘The best diagnostic test available for DVT is venography, although magnetic resonance imaging may rival venography for accuracy.’
- ‘The diagnosis can be confirmed by investigations such as MRI scans, Doppler ultrasonography, and venography.’
1930s: from Latin vena ‘vein’ + -graphy.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.