One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to Venezuela or its people.
- ‘Chapter 8 is a story about a modern film actor on location in the Venezuelan jungle.’
- ‘Power dressing the Venezuelan way means the tighter the better.’
- ‘Around sixth grade or so, I learned a lot about West African and Venezuelan harp music.’
- ‘Oil accounts for half the Venezuelan government's revenue.’
- ‘The Venezuelan public telecommunications market has been growing five per cent each year during the last three years.’
A native or inhabitant of Venezuela, or a person of Venezuelan descent.
- ‘Virginia, first performed in Caracas, is the first opera composed by a native Venezuelan.’
- ‘The 19-year-old Venezuelan impressed many with his performance at spring training.’
- ‘Venezuelans want him to start delivering on his economic promises.’
- ‘As a Venezuelan, my mother tongue is Spanish.’
- ‘As they look at new conductors for the reopening of the Royal Festival Hall, one of the contenders is the explosive Venezuelan, Gustavo Dudamel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.