One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to Venezuela or its people.
- ‘Oil accounts for half the Venezuelan government's revenue.’
- ‘Power dressing the Venezuelan way means the tighter the better.’
- ‘Around sixth grade or so, I learned a lot about West African and Venezuelan harp music.’
- ‘Chapter 8 is a story about a modern film actor on location in the Venezuelan jungle.’
- ‘The Venezuelan public telecommunications market has been growing five per cent each year during the last three years.’
A native or inhabitant of Venezuela, or a person of Venezuelan descent.
- ‘Virginia, first performed in Caracas, is the first opera composed by a native Venezuelan.’
- ‘As they look at new conductors for the reopening of the Royal Festival Hall, one of the contenders is the explosive Venezuelan, Gustavo Dudamel.’
- ‘As a Venezuelan, my mother tongue is Spanish.’
- ‘The 19-year-old Venezuelan impressed many with his performance at spring training.’
- ‘Venezuelans want him to start delivering on his economic promises.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.