[mass noun] Great respect; reverence:‘the traditional veneration of saints’
reverence, respect, worship, adoration, homage, exaltation, adulation, glorification, extolment, idolization, devotionhonour, esteem, regard, high regard, praiserespectfulness, worshipfulness, obeisance, submission, deference, awelaudation, magnificationView synonyms
- ‘They, therefore, offer worship and not mere veneration to it.’
- ‘Adoration and veneration may be the stuff of religious vision.’
- ‘They were not objects of respect and veneration; they became objects of mockery.’
- ‘Just maybe we can confront our place with awe and admiration, respect and veneration.’
- ‘What he possesses in spades is a respect that borders on veneration.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.