Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Great respect; reverence.‘the traditional veneration of saints’
- ‘Adoration and veneration may be the stuff of religious vision.’
- ‘They, therefore, offer worship and not mere veneration to it.’
- ‘Just maybe we can confront our place with awe and admiration, respect and veneration.’
- ‘They were not objects of respect and veneration; they became objects of mockery.’
- ‘What he possesses in spades is a respect that borders on veneration.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.