One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Great respect; reverence.‘the traditional veneration of saints’
reverence, respect, worship, adoration, homage, exaltation, adulation, glorification, extolment, idolization, devotionView synonyms
- ‘What he possesses in spades is a respect that borders on veneration.’
- ‘Adoration and veneration may be the stuff of religious vision.’
- ‘Just maybe we can confront our place with awe and admiration, respect and veneration.’
- ‘They were not objects of respect and veneration; they became objects of mockery.’
- ‘They, therefore, offer worship and not mere veneration to it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.