One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Accusations of venality, incompetence and corruption dogged him throughout his career, and history has rarely been kind to him.’
- ‘Back then, the venality of the criminals was often matched by the corruption of the police.’
- ‘They blame their current troubles mostly on the corruption, venality and incompetence of local officials.’
- ‘One after another, scandal stories have tumbled onto front pages during the past month - tales of sordid excess, gross stupidity, evil venality and troubling secrecy in high places.’
- ‘It's not like we've a shortage of venality, corruption and lust (not to mention hypocrisy) in this country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.