One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a smooth, soft appearance, feel, or taste.‘robes of velvety black’‘soup with a velvety texture’‘the surface feels velvety to the touch’
- ‘Chiggers often are covered with dense, feathered hairs that give them a velvety appearance.’
- ‘The young bucks in the herd had been rubbing their velvety antlers clean on the blueberry canes.’
- ‘Against a velvety background, a paper plate, ordinarily associated with a hot humid picnic, is transformed into a cool moon.’
- ‘They are using a new sanding process to create velvety dimensional designs against flat grounds.’
- ‘The cords on my cap were thin and velvety.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.