Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The variation in velocity along a line at right angles to the general direction of flow.
- ‘A further consequence is that, on the length scale of the cell, the oncoming velocity profile will be a quasisteady linear shear.’
- ‘The parabolic velocity profile will generate a substantial distribution in residence time across w.’
- ‘There is no agreement as to the most accurate index of left ventricular diastolic dysfunction, but the Doppler mitral inflow velocity profile is probably the most widely used.’
- ‘The pressure-driven velocity profile in the duct-shaped device influences diffusive transport in ways that affect the use of the T-sensor to measure molecular properties.’
- ‘The velocity profile of air moving through an airway under laminar flow conditions is parabolic.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.