One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The variation in velocity along a line at right angles to the general direction of flow.
- ‘The pressure-driven velocity profile in the duct-shaped device influences diffusive transport in ways that affect the use of the T-sensor to measure molecular properties.’
- ‘There is no agreement as to the most accurate index of left ventricular diastolic dysfunction, but the Doppler mitral inflow velocity profile is probably the most widely used.’
- ‘The velocity profile of air moving through an airway under laminar flow conditions is parabolic.’
- ‘A further consequence is that, on the length scale of the cell, the oncoming velocity profile will be a quasisteady linear shear.’
- ‘The parabolic velocity profile will generate a substantial distribution in residence time across w.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.