One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The night before Dad went to the hospital, as I was taking off his slippers to put him to bed, I could see the hard, veiny calves that only a month ago were powering him up high mountains in his native Northwest.’
- ‘After years of Parmesan, mozzarella and goat's cheese with everything, there is a return to things pungent and veiny in kitchens around the country.’
- ‘He picks up the rest of the beer bottles and puts them in his pockets with his dirty, veiny hands.’
- ‘I was wondering if I should do even heavier trap work or direct neck exercises to build a freaky, veiny neck that will tell everyone that I'm hardcore.’
- ‘We're too hairy, too flabby, too veiny, un-tanned, our boobs are too small, our biceps are too undefined.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.